I’m a seasoned white paper writer who’s done hundreds of B2B content projects.
I’ve written for leading firms like Google, Intuit, and Verizon… plus many smaller companies with big ideas.
- Worked on 264 white papers since 1997
- Wrote hundreds of case studies
- Published close to 1,000 magazine articles, for everyone from accountants to woodworkers
- Edited the leading newsletter for software executives for five years, SoftwareCEO.com
- Wrote dozens of technical manuals on software and hardware
- Taught technical and marketing writing at two universities
- Gave 75+ workshops and webinars on professional writing
- Delivered in-house training to firms including Cisco, Ericsson and Sprint
Awards and accolades
- Called “the world’s top white paper expert” by B2B marketing consultant Steve Slaunwhite
- Called “the reigning guru of white papers” by author Peter Bowerman
- White Papers For Dummies named one of top 7 books by Content Marketing Institute
- Book earned 44 5-star reviews on Amazon
- Won 14 awards from the Society for Technical Communication (STC)
From startup to acquisition
Unlike most copywriters, I know first-hand the pressures of being a B2B marketing manager.
I served as VP Marketing for a successful software startup; in three years, I helped grow revenues from $250,000 to $14 million.
Using white papers helped us “eat the lunch” of much larger competitors. Then I helped write the business plan and build the slide deck used to sell the company at a good valuation.
Not many copywriters have been through the whole cycle, from startup to acquisition.
My passion for excellence
With all the noise in the marketplace, it’s not good enough for a white paper to be “just okay.”
To get noticed, your white paper has to be great.
But most white papers are not nearly as engaging or persuasive as they could be. I think that’s a shame.
For more than 10 years, I’ve helped B2B companies turn that around.
I’ve done research, written a stream of articles, published the leading book on the subject, and made dozens of presentations to creative professionals on how to make white papers better.
Not just me, but a whole team
As you can see from my clients list, I’ve done white papers for many different sectors, especially:
- B2B software and hardware
- B2B services
And I’m avidly interested in clean tech and sustainable development products and strategies.
But you don’t have to rely just on me. After many years in the business, I’m in touch with a strong network of trusted writers.
So if I’m already booked or I don’t have a good feel for your industry, I can probably put you in touch with the perfect writer for you.
The same goes for a designer or illustrator, if you need graphics or page design for your white paper.
How can I help?
Whether you need a white paper planned, written, or revised, I am “that white paper guy” for you.